The United States who has announced last month it will withdraw its troops from Iraq by the year end, decides to station the soldiers to Kuwait.\r\n
The United States who has announced last month it will withdraw its troops from Iraq by the year end, decides to station the soldiers to Kuwait.
A 4,000-soldier US army Brigade Combat Team will be deployed from Iraq to Kuwait as a “reserve” force, commanders of the unit said on its Facebook page, AFP reported on Thursday.
Earlier this month, US officials said the Pentagon hoped to shift at least 4,000 soldiers from Iraq to Kuwait at the end of the year, pending a final decision by military planners and Kuwaiti leaders.
The US already has around 23,000 soldiers in the oil-rich Persian Gulf emirate.
For his port, influential Iraqi cleric, Sayyed Moqtada al-Sadr, warned that the US sought to maintain its occupation of Iraq through keeping trainers and private contractors in the country.
Last month, Sadr accused the Americans of creating chaos and sectarian strife in the Arab country in order to prolong their stay.
Commenting on the news of the relocation of US troops, said last Thursday that the US plans to station troops across the Middle East region, a move that amounts to occupying other Islamic countries.
"America is not only occupying Iraq but also other Islamic countries," Sadr said.
He added, “Occupying Iraq means occupying what is around Iraq, and then to control the Middle East.”